How to add a Twitter feed to your site
Users who want to put a Twitter feed onto their play-cricket site must visit the https://twitter.com/ site to obtain the widget code. Do not copy the code from a non-official site since it may be out-dated information, which could interfere with the code that already works on your site.
If you have your own Twitter account, use the article from the Twitter.com site: https://support.twitter.com/groups/52-notifications/topics/211-tweeting/articles/20170071-how-to-embed-a-timeline
If you want to upload a Twitter timeline from someone else’s account, e.g. @ECB_cricket, then, starting from https://twitter.com/
- Log in and search for the account that you want to follow.
- When you have found the correct account, click on the cog icon and select Embed this Profile.
The dialogue to Create a user widget should appear.
- Make any changes to the configuration and click on Create widget.
The highlighted code for your Twitter feed will appear in a box.
- Hover over the highlighted code, right click and Copy the code. (It’s a good idea to paste it into a text file in case you need it again.)
- In Site Builder, open an HTML widget on the page where you want the icon to appear.
- Click on the blue HTML icon.
- Paste the code into the HTML widget.
- Enter values into the X and Y axes.
- Enter a width of 250 pixels and a height of 600 pixels to set the initial size.
- Save the widget.
You should be able to re-position the widget using the four-arrow cursor that appears when you hover over the widget.
If you need to re-size the widget, it’s best to delete it and enter the code again.
Tip - if you see the Tweets by @xxxxx in the HTML box when you save the widget, refresh the page to see the Twitter timeline. If the box is blank, the code has been corrupted and you will have to paste it in again.