How to register a player with a league on play-cricket
Fixture administrators selecting players for a league match sometimes find that although they have a squad set up, they cannot see some of them to pick. It may be that the league now requires player registration where a player wishing to play in a league match must be registered with the league before they can play.
Creating a Player on your play-cricket club site.
There are two ways that a player can be created on your Play-cricket site.
- a) Player self Sign-up
They can sign up themselves by visiting their club's Play-cricket site and clicking the Sign up button that is on the right hand side.
This would allow the users to enter their own details and apply for membership of the site.
When members have done this you can approve the application from the Admin Home page and they will appear in the club's member list.
- b) Registration by the Main Administrator:
- Visit your club's play-cricket Site.
- Click Sign In on the home page and enter your Username and Password. Your name will appear in the top right hand corner
- Click on your name, then Administration to enter the Admin Section.
- Once in the Admin Section you will need to click the Members link in the menu on the left hand side.
- Now select the Member Database to give you a list of all your club members.
- To Create a new member you must click on the Add New Member button.
- This will give you a box to enter the player's information, then click Save.
Registering a player to play in a league.
- Once you have created the player as a member of your club on your play-cricket site, you will need to put them forward for league registration.
- In the administration section of your Play-cricket site, again click Members, then Members Database.
- Find the member on your list (or by using the search at the top)
- We now need to edit the player’s roles to register the player for the league. You must click on the “Hat” symbol - Edit Roles.
- Select the League Registered Players Tab.
Use this form to register your player.
Check that the form is complete, filling in all missing information:
Email Address (in case of queries)
Date of Birth
A contact telephone number (in case of queries)
Player Category1 (usually category 1; category 2 is county professionals, category 3 is for overseas players)
Once you have done this, click Save.
If you have not completed all the relevant sections, you will get a 'Please populate mandatory fields' error.
- To register the player with a league:
On the right hand side, under Current Registrations, you will see the leagues available for registration.
Click on Apply for the relevant league.
- The following form will appear for any further information you may need to add in the space provided:
- Transferring a player:
If the player is transferring from another club then select the Player Transfer button. Enter the name of the club from which the player is transferring in the box provided. Click the Search button to bring up a list of possible clubs and click Pick to select the cricket club the player is to be transferred from.
Input any further information in the box provided and click Save to submit the registration.
The Roles page will appear showing the Player's registration is Pending. If you have made a mistake, you may select Withdraw.
When you have completed these steps, the league will see the registration request and, if approved, the player will be eligible to play in the chosen league.
You can see your pending players in the administration section by clicking Members >Pending Player Nominations.
The player's name should appear in the list if he has been nominated and the registration has not been processed by the league.
All of the main administrators for the club will receive an email from the league to inform them of acceptance or rejection of the player to play for the league.
You can see all of your active League Registered players by selecting
Members > Members Database, changing the” Role” to League Registered Players, change the “Sub Role” to the relevant league name and clicking Search. (The Status box should be set to “Active”.)
How does this affect player selection in the Team Picker?
When a team is being picked to play in a league match where the league requires player registration, the fixtures administrator will be able to select from all players who are eligible to play in that league, regardless of age or squad membership.
Thus, if a player is registered with a league, that person is eligible to play in any of the league's fixtures.
If an adult player is available for selection to play in a junior league match, and the league operates junior games only, then check the player registration details and remove the registration if it is no longer required.
Further information about player categories
The categories are the standard ECB registration form ones:
2 - County contracted professional
3 - Overseas player
3 (exempt) - Overseas player exempt by residence and not earning his main income from playing cricket
1 - All others (i.e. ordinary club players)
Club administrators cannot set the category to 3 exempt; they have to provide evidence of that status to the league administrator, who can then set it on the basis of that evidence.
How to remove a player from league registration
- Visit your club's play-cricket site and Sign in as before.
- Click on your name then Administration to enter the Admin Section.
- Once in the Admin Section you will need to click the Members link in the menu on the left hand side
- Then Select the Member Database. This will give you a list of all your club members.
- Find the member on your list (or use the search facility at the top).
- We now need to edit the player’s roles to remove the player from the squad (if required) and the league.
You must click on the “Hat” symbol - Edit Roles.
Click on the Squad Players tab.
Then Click Remove in the drop down box to remove the player from your squad.
- Now select the League Registered Players tab.
The page will show the the player's current status with any leagues that your club plays in which requires registration.
Click on “Remove”. The Action will change to Apply.
The player has now been removed from your squad list and is no longer registered with the league from your club.
Note that the play-cricket system will send an email to the main administrators of the league to inform them that the player's registration has been removed.