Getting Started with PCS
In this document you will find some useful tips and answers to the more commonly asked questions. This is not a comprehensive ‘how to’ guide but designed to get you up and running as quickly as possible on PCS
The first thing to do is to download the app to your phone or tablet. Go to the Apple Store or Play Store and search for Play Cricket Scorer
The icon looks like this:
Before you get started:
What do I need to be able to use PCS?
• An iPad, Android device, iPhone or Smart Phone. Please be aware that the app does not work with Kindles
• A Play-Cricket Account and to be a member of the club you’ll be scoring for
• Scorer or Results Administrator Rights to be able to upload results to Play-Cricket
• Internet connection (only needed to download the fixture and upload the result on your device).
I don’t have a Play-Cricket account, how do I set one up?
Please visit www.Play-Cricket.com and click the Sign-Up button.
I don’t have scoring or results Play-Cricket Admin rights, how can I get them?
This is something that the Main Administrator of your club can give you, but you will have to initially request to be a member of the club
How do I find out who is my Main Club Administrator?
Please contact the helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org
Do I need internet access to score a game?
No you don’t, there are two ways of scoring a game:
• Live Scoring (connected to the internet and uploading to Play-Cricket every over – including the result)
• Offline Scoring (no internet access, but when you next login in to Play Cricket on the app you can finalise the match)
Can there be multiple scorers scoring the same match?
Yes, you can have multiple scorers of a game, however there can only ever be ONE live scorer.
I’ve downloaded PCS onto my phone/device but want to test it out before I score a game for my club, does it have a Demo mode?
PCS has a Demo mode but it also has an ‘Other Match’ function where you can set up your own teams and score matches without it impacting on anything. This is an excellent way of getting used to scoring and getting acclimatised to the app. You can score a Standard or Pairs match.
Please find the link below to several videos, including downloading a fixture, scoring offline, types of scoring and more:
We have lots of support documents, tips, video tutorials and FAQ’s for you to view here:
We also have our Play-Cricket Helpdesk which is a 7 day a week service during the season which you can reach at email@example.com