We’re pleased to announce that version 2.1.1 of Play-Cricket Scorer Pro has now been released! As with previous updates, please launch PCS Pro from the Start Menu (not the task bar) to detect the update, then close and re-launch PCS Pro again to install it. If the software does not automatically update, or you’re installing it for the first time, please download it here.
Important Note: Because Play-Cricket Scorer Pro is a server-connected system, and this has been significantly changed for the coming season, all users MUST upgrade to v2.1.1 and will not be able to login or live score until they have done so.
Please also ensure that all support requests for first class and recreational scorers go through the Play-Cricket Help Desk. This can be done within PCS Pro in the ‘Help’ section, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
The full detailed release notes are included below. However, we also wanted to quickly highlight our view of the “top 10” areas of improvement, including some significant new capabilities being offered to all users and clubs at no cost in both the professional and recreational games. We’re excited to see these features put into use and want to thank each and every one of you for your feedback, suggestions and issue reports. These continue to directly shape the future of the software, so please keep them coming!
Over the next few weeks, where not already added, additional help guides will be made available online to cover significant new areas of functionality.
- Scoring: Among multiple enhancements to the scoring engine is our most requested feature: Wickets and Retirements can now be added and edited (including a change of player) on previous deliveries, with intelligent auto-correct and reassignment to fix subsequent balls and to address common scenarios such as missing that the batsmen crossed.
- New Reports and Stats: New printable “Sessions” and “Bowling Spell” reports and in-screen panels, as well as a Linear Sheet based on ECB ACO training material (in the final stages of development - coming soon!)
- Play-Cricket Integration: Play-Cricket Scorer Pro continues to be the most tightly integrated option for laptop scoring against Play-Cricket data, including downloading matches with Play-Cricket’s new “Scoring Rules” feature automatically mapped to PCS Pro Match Types, and significant new capabilities to prevent and correct duplicate data and stats even when things change in Play-Cricket.
- Scoreboard, Replay Screen and TV Output: Amongst much-requested changes to the in-software scoreboard including multiple layout and configuration options (such as Left/Right vs Top/Bottom), is a full suite of professional replay screen/scoreboard tools including activations, custom image and video display, multiple “slides” (e.g. batting card, bowling card) and automated slide transition modes (e.g. showing a wicket’s details as soon as it is scored without further input). Users can now output to multiple connected screens (or TVs) via a cable or cables connected to the laptop (usually HDMI or VGA), or over WiFi via Google Cast (e.g. to a separately located club-house TV fitted with a Google Chromecast device).
- Win And Score Predictor (WASP): As seen on Sky TV (UK and NZ) – the WASP engine for predicting the score in the first innings, or winner of the match in the second is now embedded throughout PCS Pro, including a new “Player Impact” report and panel that calculates the relative contribution of each player to the game based on their ball by ball performance compared with similar situations in historical matches.
- Collaborative Scoring: A unique innovation only available in PCS Pro, collaborative scoring allows the tasks of each scorer to be split with data shared between them in real-time. In this initial use of the technology, home and away scorers (or “Live” and “Support” scorers) can opt for an automated end-of-over cross check of each other’s scores and ball by ball entry, mimicking a manual check but across the internet, even if the scorers are separately located. A “Support” scorer can also compare their entire score and ball by ball data against the Live Scorer’s at any time.
- Performance Analysis: The “Feedback Cricket” product used by high performance at the ECB for over 7 years has now been merged into PCS Pro, and the full range of analysis events and stats can now be captured at any level of the game, including new panels for Feet Movement, Delivery Type, Shot Connection, and Events, and multiple new additions to Shot Type. Users can add and report on their own events of interest with “User Events”.
- Video Capture/Scoring: with the appropriate hardware added (including IP Cameras), PCS Pro can now capture and live upload video of every ball, with live video highlights complementing the online scorecard (e.g. 4s/6s/wickets) and optional score overlay graphics. Video capture includes both manual and auto modes (video saved when ball scored) for minimal impact on the scorer, and a Video Highlights Manager allows highlights packages (with transitions and score overlays) to be easily generated. Note: support of this facility at recreational level is limited to a trial basis this season.
- Live Streaming: PCS Pro can directly live stream captured video to YouTube, LiveStream.com, Facebook and other streaming services, without any further mandatory input from the scorer once configured. The Live Stream includes optional professional-grade score overlay graphics and slides with auto modes, manual and automatic video replays with transitions and activations (such as showing an image or video after a Wicket), and optional watermarks.
- “Reader” Mode: Copies of PCS Pro on separate laptops can now open a Match being live scored elsewhere over the internet in “Read Only” mode, with live ball by ball updates as if it the match was being scored on that laptop as well. Like Collaborative Scoring, this innovation is unique to PCS Pro and opens up multiple options such as: Players or Coaches viewing scores/video/stats in real-time from outside the score box; driving a scoreboard (whether LED, Replay Screen or TV) from a laptop physically closer to the scoreboard but far from the scorer; Media users live streaming from a separate laptop but using the scorer’s accurate data for overlay graphics, or a Social Media user sending Tweets about a game separately from the scorer’s data whilst not bothering the scorer.
- Match Centre: The NV Play Widget platform (available only to the professional game last season) has been significantly enhanced with a “Match Centre” for live scores, video highlights and live streams (if in use), ball by ball data, stats and graphs. This Match Centre will be automatically enabled inside Play-Cricket live scorecards for all PCS Pro-scored matches, providing the full range of live functionality to the recreational game.